Choirs across Lancashire are preparing for the grand final of the school choral competition Last Choir Singing this week.
Ten young choirs will be singing as King George’s Hall in Blackburn plays host to their final showdown on Friday, June 17.
Hosted by sponsors True Bearing, which also organises the entire competition, the evening is packed with entertainment. Compered by international vocalist Duncan Heather, with special guests throughout the evening, each choir will impress judges with two performances, one set song, and a song of the school’s choice.
More than 1,500 singers from 50 school choirs entered the competition in heats held throughout Lancashire in February and March. They have been whittled down to the final 10 choirs. They are:
• Shakespeare Primary School (Fleetwood)
• Kirkham Grammar Junior School
• Goosnargh Oliversons CE Primary School (Preston)
• St Mary’s RC Primary (Langho)
• Padiham St Leonard’s CE Primary School (Burnley)
• Tarleton Community Primary School
• Great Eccleston Copp CE Primary School
• Norbreck Primary Academy (Thornton Cleveleys)
• St Nicholas Church of England Primary School (Blackpool)
• Anchorsholme Primary Academy (Thornton Cleveleys)
George Critchley, chairman of True Bearing Chartered ,said: “As a firm, we are committed to giving something back to our community.
“The Last Choir Singing competition allows us to do just that. The competition gives young people the opportunity to gain some self-confidence and a ‘feel-good’ factor that comes from singing their hearts out with a group of friends.
“Last Choir Singing Grand Final promises to be an infectious celebration of school singing talent.”
The grand final of Last Choir Singing 2016 takes place at King George’s Hall, Northgate, Blackburn.
The event starts at 6.30pm on Friday, June 17. Tickets are £6 and can be purchased from King George’s Hall booking office on 01254 582579.
For full information, visit www.lastchoirsinging.co.uk