Landmark former eatery, the Longridge Restaurant, can be turned into new homes.
Plans for the conversion of what became celebrity chef Paul Heathcote’s first restaurant have been approved by Ribble Valley Council.
The historic inn, with its datestone “FTJ 1808” can now be turned into three houses and two flats.
When the plan was first revealed by owner Paul Heathcote, who has run the once Michelin-starred hostelry for the past 21 years, he told The News he had hoped to find a buyer to take over the restaurant complex as a whole.
If the conversion now goes ahead, The Longridge Restaurant will return to its earlier status as Delph Cottages.
The date plaque of 1808 with its initials – probably for Tom Fleming, a quarry owner’s father – and its stonemason’s tools of compasses, level and gavel, would be retained in the conversion as the entrance porch to one of the properties.
Planning details state the units would be in stone and rendered with slate roofing, and developers would be mindful of the heritage aspect of the property.
Where naming is concerned, it has had a long list of titles since Delph Cottages and the Quarryman’s Arms – it has been called Cottage Cafe, The Berries, The Royal Sovereign, Mother India, Pilgrims and Heathcotes before The Longridge Restaurant.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Longridge
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West